Aged Care FAQ's
What Services Do Better In-Home Care provide?
Our home care services are designed to aid with those activities that seniors need help within order to be able to stay at home safely and with dignity.
This includes medication reminders, light housekeeping, grooming or bathing assistance, social and community support, risk assessments and running errands.
What Does Home care mean?
Home Care means you can continue living in your home with help from trained Support Workers.
Does Better In-Home Care provide Services in Assisted Living Facilities?
Yes. People sometimes discover that the assistance provided in an assisted living facility is not enough to enable them to remain independent. we can provide help in an assisted living facility – or nursing home.
How Quickly Can Home Care Services Start?
Generally, services can be provided within a 48-hour period and often the same day.
Can I Change the Home Care Schedule If I Have Appointments to Keep?
Schedule changes are easily accomplished with little notice. We will make the schedule work for you where possible. You come first. Your needs, your requests, your schedule.
Id like to switch home care providers but keep my support staff, can I bring them with me to Better In-Home Care?
In most cases, when you switch to Better in-Home Care, you can keep your Support Carer. Our recruitment team will need to check carry out some general employment and then your staff will be able to continue supporting you. Please ask us and we will let you know if it is possible in your situation.
How Do I Start Home Care Services with Better In-Home Care?
Contact us on and Ph: 02 9051 1000 Mob: 0420 2525 50 and we will help you answer any home care questions you have. One of our care coordinators can come to you and discus what your needs are and how we can best assist you.
My Home Care Package is being managed by another Provider, but I would like to change to Better In-Home Care, Can I do that?
Absolutely. A recent change in government regulation, called Consumer Directed Care, means the decision of which Provider is now 100% yours. We make switching Providers easy for you. Ask us how.
What is a Care Coordinator and why do I need one?
When you become a client at Better In-Home Care, you will have your own individual Care Coordinator. This person will ensure your services are suited to your needs and being delivered in a way that suits you.
What type of services can I get with my Home Care Package?
Your Home Care Package is meant to assist you to remain living independently and on your terms. Based on your goals, Better In-Home care will set up a personalized Care Plan that will outline the services you receive. Generally, our clients receive some of the following services.
- Care management and coordination of services.
- Personal care services which includes assisted dressing, bathing, or showering and mobility.
- In-home support services such as help with cleaning, gardening, laundry, and home maintenance.
- Transport and assistance service to get you to your appointments, shopping and to social engagements.
- Clinical services which can include nursing, allied health, hearing and vision.
What makes Better Living Homecare different to other providers?
There are a few things that set us apart from other providers:
- We offer our clients choice. Many Providers organise services and only use their staff to deliver them as they have financial incentive to do so. We do things differently. By working with a large network service provider, we can source the best person, or people, for the job. We have a vested interest in our client’s wellbeing and nothing more.
- Our fees are transparent and easy to understand. There is no hidden charges or extra fees that you need to worry about.
- We are highly responsive. When you call us, we are here to listen and to assist you.