Assistance with Daily Life & personal care:
- Assistance with daily living: such as bathing, dressing, meal preparation, and domestic support including assistance with cleaning, shopping, and attending medical appointments.
- toileting and grooming, skin care, assistance with eating, mobility including exercise, positioning, moving.
- Supports daily activities provide assistance to improve your freedom and mobility as well as helping the participant in personal hygiene based on your needs.
Social & Recreational Support
- Social and recreation supports are key to the NDIS achieving its objective to support people with a disability to achieve independence, social and economic participation.
- This support includes, visiting your friends and family, active hobbies, such as bike riding, skiing, or kayaking, playing sport, such as tennis, surfing or basketball, going out, for instance to the movies or a concert, going places for fun, such as shopping or visiting a museum, developing your skills, like dance, art classes or quilting.
- Social support helps the individuals to take part in a community or going to social/recreational events.
- Encouraging individuals to attend development courses
- Supporting you to join a social group
- Going for vacation, outing, or encouraging them to go on a holiday camp
- Taking them for a movie NDIS Service Provider in Upper Hutt
- Encouraging them to start exercising more or join a sports club
- Additionally, you can get help from a support worker to engage in social, cultural, or community events.
Find out how we can help you with NDIS disability support.Get in touch.
Need help with getting from A to B? We can help you by using your car, our car or public transport. Whatever transport method you prefer and feel most comfortable with, we can help you with accessible transport options to keep you doing what you enjoy in life, whether it be for daily chores or assisting you getting out & about in or around.
Capacity Building Supports
Capacity building is the process in which individuals develop their skills and abilities to perform functions, solve problems, set, and achieve the objectives. It also helps the individual in development and training to increase your skills so you can participate in community, social and recreational activities. This may include employment-related support, training and assessments that help you find and keep a job.
High intensity daily personal activities are the term used by the NDIS to describe those more complex supports some people need to manage their daily lives. Our support workers are trained by the Registered Nurse in Bowel care and Catheter Care.
These complex supports represent some of highest risks for participants, workers, and others, and are areas where NDIS providers must take particular care to source the relevant skills and knowledge to deliver high quality and safe supports.
Mental Health Support:
Mental Illness Disorders are some of the most overlooked health concerns in Australia, and, with the help of NDIS funding, we are working to shine a light on this often-stigmatised condition. If you are affected by a prolonged or disabling mental illness, our Mental Illness Support Specialists are highly skilled and trained to provide the expert assistance you need to live your life to the fullest.
Our extensive experience, capacity for 24/7 clock support, and strong community spirit set us apart when it comes to Mental Illness Support Services. Our pervading family values and friendly specialists give you and your loved one’s peace of mind and exceptional support to pursue a happy, fulfilling, and independent life.
Support Coordination Services
Our Support coordinators will work with you to increase your capacity to maintain relationships, manage service delivery tasks, live more independently, and be included in your community. At BIHC, we are full-service support providers. That means we go the extra mile to not just coordinate your support, but to also help you create a support plan and connect you with the right people to facilitate your plan and to achieve your goals. NDIS Service Provider in Upper Hutt NDIS Provider Near Me in Upper Hutt, Best NDIS Service Providers in Upper Hutt, Top NDIS Service Providers near me in Upper Hutt, Best Disability Service Providers in Upper Hutt